Working With An Organizer
Why get organized?
Sure, being organized makes you feel happier and more in control. What are other payoffs? According to researchers:
- Organized people earn more.
- Organized people are more likely to be promoted on the job.
- Organized people accomplish more, in part by wasting less time.
- Children of organized parents perform better in school than others with the same IQ.
- Children of organized parents will earn more as adults.
- Uncluttered homes sell better.
- Uncluttered spaces leave room for what's important.
When You Get Organized, You . . .
Free Your Mind
These days, life is throwing things at us right and left -- papers, information, technology, and lots of “stuff.” It's so easy to get sucked into the whirlwind! To make the most of life, we have the right to choose what to keep and what to ignore. Organizing frees your mind of the extra chatter and clutter jangling around in your brain.
Transform Your Space From The Inside Out
Sometimes, the biggest changes come from something simple like rearranging the furniture. When your space is transformed into a comfortable, peaceful backdrop for your life, the stage is set to support the relationships and activities that matter most to you.
Create Systems That Work For You
In real life, things don't have to be neat to be organized. They just have to work well for you. Once effective systems are put in place, life's mundane details take a lot less time. Then, magic will happen. You'll feel better about your life, your space and your work. And you'll have time and energy for the people and projects you care about.
Find an Organizer
How do I choose an organizer?
When choosing an organizer, it is helpful to consider your project and needs in relation to an organizer's specialties, location and availability. As is the case with any service provider you hire, your comfort level and ability to communicate well with a prospective organizer are important considerations.
NAPO-SFBA members work with individuals and groups in every imaginable setting, from residential closets to corporate headquarters. We help people from all walks of life who want help making their offices, homes and lives work better.
How much does it cost?
Organizers establish their own individual fee structures and may charge by the hour or by the project.
How long will it take?
Many factors determine how long your project will take, including, but not limited to:
- how involved your project is
- how quickly you are able to make decisions
- the space to be addressed
- the people involved
Some examples of projects are:
- decluttering and organizing closets, rooms, garages
- setting up a filing system,
- organizing your computer,
- organizing your time and tasks,
- decluttering, organizing and managing relocations
- establishing workflow for a team
NAPO Professional Members who have been members for five or more years are recognized for their commitment to the profession by receiving the NAPO Golden Circle designation.
Certified Professional Organizer® (CPO®) indicates an organizer who has met specific minimum standards, and proven through examination and client interaction that they possess the body of knowledge and experience required for certification.
Find the right professional organizer for you today. Use our Find an Organizer search to find the perfect professional organizer for your project!